The New year will bring more changes to the Kingdom. 20 New changes expected in Saudi Arabia in 2020.
Saudi Arabia is changing its rules and laws followed for a decade for improvement of the country. We have seen so many changes in 2019, these changes were not expected and thought by many living in Saudi Arabia. Here are all the details.
Metro Network, Taxes and more
- Shops and some business businesses allowed to operate 24/7. This change is already implemented, click here to see the full article.
- Special Allowance for night shift employees. These Include shifts from 11 pm to 6 am.
- New Aiport Tax to be increased up to SAR 10 per ticket for domestic flights.
- Hydrogenated oil ban from the market.
- Metro Train will finally start operation in Riyadh. The Metro Network covers 134 km and will be the biggest metro network in the world. 90% of the work completed in Riyadh.
- Metro Bus Network will also start in the Year 2020. But only 319 points open in the first phase.
- Makkah Haram will get more shades similar to Madinah Haram Mosque. This will help the pilgrims to relax more and focus on prayers.
- The study of the Negative impact of Expatriates Levy in the discussion. Already started, click here to read more.
- Salary and wage revision in the private sectors. The government already started looking into releasing more funds.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will hold the G20 Summit in November.
- The Price and Rates will become necessary in Restaurants and Petrol Stations.
- Revision on Bribery Law and more strictness. Whistleblowing policy comes into action.
- Umrah Insurance becomes required for Pilgrims. Already implemented, click here to read more.
- Expatriates will only need Iqama to use Health Insurance. Already in action and started, click here to read more.
- Foreign Universities to open new campuses in the Kingdom. Click here to read full news.
- Non-Saudi or Foreign Company investing in the Kingdom may not have any impact under Zakat Policy. But if the investment of a foreign company is by Saudi National, Zakat rules will be applied.
- Saudisation implementation in Taxi services like Uber and Careem. Uber recently purchased Careem shares so it means processes will overlap as well. They will be more streamlined in taxi services.
- Saudi Nationals will require a visa to visit Turkey and it must be applied at Embassy. Turkish Visa used to be online for most of the countries but it seems that these laws are getting strict.
- Premium Iqama Holder will have the option to get Permanent Residence in Saudi Arabia. So This change will be the most revolutionary because foreigners didn’t have this option for decades in Saudi Arabia.
- Lastly, the eVisa introduced in 2019 for 49 countries introduction to more countries. Tourism increases in the Kingdom so it may impact taxes.