Parents May Be Subject to Jail if children miss school for a certain days; According to a local newspaper report, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, parents whose children miss school for twenty consecutive days without a valid reason could potentially face imprisonment.
Parents May Be Subject to Jail if children miss school for certain days
Under Saudi Arabia’s Child Protection Law, parents are subject to investigation by the public prosecution if their child is absent from school for 20 days without a legitimate excuse, as reported by the Makkah newspaper.
Should the investigation reveal parental negligence in addressing the student’s absence, the case will be referred to a court of law, where a judge will have the authority to impose an appropriate prison sentence on the parent.
This measure is part of an effort to ensure “optimal education” in the upcoming academic year, as stated by the source.
When a student is absent for an extended period, the school administrator is required to report the case to the relevant education department. Subsequently, an investigation is initiated, and legal action may be taken against the guardian of the absent student.
The education department will then forward the case to the Ministry of Education. A family care department will interview the student to determine the reason for their prolonged absence from school.
Following this, the parent will undergo an investigation by the prosecution before the case proceeds to court. As of the time of the newspaper report, education officials had not provided immediate comments on the matter.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the humanitarian crises caused by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures are implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.