Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development made a decision to start Saudization in 9 key sectors starts from August 2020. These 9 key sectors are part of major economic activities in the Kingdom fo Saudi Arabia. The Minister Eng. Ahmed Al-Rajhi himself issued this decision to increase Saudization to 70 per cent in below sectors.
Saudization in 9 key sectors starts from August 2020
The 9 key sectors are part of Retail and Wholesale outlets which will be increased to 70% Saudization. These include Sales of Coffee, tea, honey, sugar and spices, water and beverages; fruits, vegetables and dates; selling grains, seeds, flowers, plants and agricultural materials; selling books, stationery and student services; gift and luxury stores, accessories, handicrafts and antiques; selling toys; selling meat, fish, eggs, dairy, vegetable oil; and detergent, plastic and soap (Source: Saudi Gazette, 2020).
The details of Saudization is also published on Ministry guidelines for the business owners and interested parties. The decision was taken to increase Saudization in the market and create more job opportunities for locals. There will be necessary measures to check the businesses who will and will not comply. This will also change the way sales and wholesale outlet use to work as many of these jobs were done by foreign employees in the past.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
- Facebook: Click Here
- Twitter: Click Here
- Instagram: Click Here
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.