Anti-Corruption arrested 65 Citizens and expats during a recent crackdown, these arrests are different crimes which includes bribery, abuse of power, forgery, and fraud. More details on the case below.
Anti-Corruption arrested 65 Citizens and expats during a recent crackdown
The Anti-Corruption Authority also known as Nazaha continues the fight against corruption and crimes in the Kingdom. The arrested people are from 7 different ministries and 48 were government employees out of 65. the rest of the detained employees were from the Saudi Food and Drug Authority, General Authority of Meteorology and Environment Protection, and Presidency of State security.
Majed Garoub (Nazaha Official) said penalties for these offenses could include prison sentences and hefty fines. Stolen funds will be returned while compensation for inflicted damage may also be included.
These kinds of cases prove the private sector can be an element for growth, while simultaneously acting as an agent of corruption, Garoub said.
“Those who bribe the average worker — whether it be a judge, police officer or government employee — is a beneficiary from the private sector,” he said. “This is why we must care for the principles of disclosure, governance and transparency.”Arab News, 2021
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.