An official from Interior ministry reported that they are temporarily Suspending Umrah for Saudi National and Residents. Sad news for people who were planning to visit Makkah and Madinah but it is a necessary step to avoid any coronavirus outbreak. More details and source below.
Temporary Suspension of Umrah for Saudi National and Residents
#SaudiArabia temporarily stops #Umrah and visits to the Prophet’s mosque for Saudi nationals and residents to prevent the spread of #coronavirus, according to an official in the interior ministry. https://t.co/A5zUvkWIEt pic.twitter.com/Bu2xNO3GGk— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) March 4, 2020
The Ministry of Interior: #SaudiArabia temporarily suspends Umrah to Makkah and visits to the Prophet’s mosque in Medina for citizens and residents of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to prevent the spread of #CoronaVirus— Foreign Ministry 🇸🇦 (@KSAmofaEN) March 4, 2020
Saudi Arabia is taking extra measures to avoid any COVID 19 outbreak. The extra measures are coming out after the first person got reported positive. The Country’s Government is also taking border control and quarantined 70 people who made contact with the first infected person.
There are also guidelines for GCC Citizens and Residents who want to enter Saudi Arabia. Full details on this news here.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.