Vaccine Transport Airplanes start preparation for distribution. After the German company Biontec and the American company Pfizer previously confirmed that the vaccine may be released in December, it seems that preparations have begun in full swing. On Saturday (28th November 2020), American media reported that US “United Airlines” planes began transporting thousands of doses of the Pfizer vaccine against the Coronavirus on Friday, and collecting it in specific centers, with the aim of speeding up the distribution process later.
Vaccine Transport Airplanes start preparation for distribution
In the context, the Wall Street Journal quoted informed sources as saying that these initial trips were launched within a wide global supply chain that is being planned, to meet any difficulties or challenges that may hinder the delivery of the vaccine, which requires specific storage conditions.
According to the newspaper, the distribution plan has identified refrigerated storage sites in final assembly centers in several regions, such as Michigan in the United States, and Borsa, Belgium, in addition to Karlsruhe in Germany, among others.
Temperature for the vaccine – Ice Cold
In addition, the Federal Aviation Administration announced in a statement that it is working with airlines to transport vaccines safely. While the newspaper revealed that the United States had obtained permission to carry more dry ice than is normally allowed during flights, to maintain the very low temperatures required by the conditions for keeping the vaccine and transporting it (70 degrees below zero).
Obstacle not to be reckoned with
It is noteworthy that the conditions for storing and transporting the Pfizer vaccine require exceptional temperatures that vaccines do not usually require. And the British Minister of Health, Matt Hancock, spoke in a television interview last week about a very important obstacle to transporting the Pfizer / Bionic vaccine from the place of its manufacture to the individuals who will receive it, pointing out that it must remain preserved at a temperature of 70 degrees below zero, and not It can be placed at a higher temperature, more than four times during its transportation trip.
There is no doubt that this necessary condition for preserving this vaccine, which formed a door of hope for millions around the world, represents an absolutely insignificant obstacle to the process of transferring it from factories to hospitals.
This issue represents a major challenge for many countries, given that most of the known vaccines do not need a low temperature, and therefore most hospitals do not include an infrastructure that enables them to deal with this new vaccine. (Source: Al Arabiya, 2020)
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.