Coronavirus Vaccine by Pfizer and BioNTech shows 90% effectiveness. Good news about the vaccine against Corona that has destroyed people’s lives and livelihood. Infecting about 50 million people around the world, and taking a heavy toll in the global economy, the American “Pfizer” and the British “Biontech” companies announced Monday that the vaccine against Covid-19 that they are working to develop is “effective.” By 90%, after the preliminary analysis of the results of the third phase of clinical trials, which is the last before submitting the license application.
Coronavirus Vaccine by Pfizer and BioNTech shows 90% effectiveness
The experts explained that protection from the coronavirus is achieved at a high rate after 28 days of taking the first dose, and that it is completed only a week after the second dose.
The two companies said in a joint statement that “this effectiveness of the vaccine” was measured by comparing the number of participants who were infected with the emerging coronavirus in the group that received the vaccine and the number of infected people in another group who received a placebo vaccine, “seven days after receiving the second dose” and 28 days after receiving The first dose.
‘A vaccine is on the way soon.’
Commenting on this announcement, the German Minister of Health confirmed that the results of the third phase of the Pfizer vaccine are very encouraging.
In turn, US President Donald Trump praised this good news. ”He wrote in a tweet minutes after the two companies announced the matter,“ The stock market is recording a big rise, a vaccine is on the way soon. It is reported to be 90% effective”.
This comes while the epidemic recorded a new toll, according to the latest statistics, amounting to 50 million infected people around the world. (Source: Al Arabiya, 2020)
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.