Up to 5 years imprisonment and 2 million riyals fine as per new rules. The Secretary-General of the Saudi Organization for Certified Public Accountants, Dr. Ahmed Al-Maghamis, explained that a new system that increases the penalties for accounting violations will be issued within the next two weeks.
Up to 5 years imprisonment and 2 million riyals fine
Al-Maghamis revealed through a hypothetical meeting organized by the Asharqia Chamber yesterday evening (Tuesday), that the new penalties amount to 500 thousand riyals in case of violation, in addition, to blame, warning and suspension for a period not exceeding a year, and if the suspension is repeated within two years or more, the license will be canceled.
He stated that in the event of intentional criminal offenses, such as signing reports containing false numbers, incomplete information, or unlawfully added information, the penalty for this is up to 5 years imprisonment and a fine of two million riyals.
Also, he said that the new system aims to improve the quality of certified accountants’ work, whether the accountant works as a chartered accountant, or as a technical expert appointed by the court or by stakeholders.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Thirdly, wear a face mask all the time if you are in a gathering or outside.
- Fourthly, wash your hands regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Lastly, buy a protected mask: Click Here.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.