Smokers among the vulnerable group to catch COVID-19 including Seesha and E-Cigarette. Saudi Ministry of Health published a flyer on its official channel stating that Smokers are in vulnerable groups. More details below.
Smokers among the vulnerable group for COVID-19 including Seesha and E-Cigarette
The Ministry also published some details on why smokers are in vulnerable groups. The reasons are obvious but here what they have mentioned:
- Smoking cause lung diseases.
- It makes the lung weak and less immune.
- It decreases the lung capacity for oxygen/to breathe.
- Smokers can get Cardiovascular diseases.
It has also been said that sharing any type of cigarette can also cause COVID-19. This includes regular cigarette and e-cigarette. But they have also mentioned that Seesha or Hookah can also transmit the diseases if the person who is sharing the Seesha with you have COVID-19. It is noteworthy that some people can be asymptomatic which means people who have a virus but they don’t show any symptoms.
More than 300,000 in the UK may have quit smoking during the coronavirus crisis as evidence mounts that the habit makes them more vulnerable to Covid-19, a survey suggests.The Guardian, 2020
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.