Ministry of Commerce warns the shops that refuse to accept banknotes and coins. The Ministry of Commerce has threatened commercial establishments that refuse to accept paper or coins under the pretext of fighting the Coronavirus, to be held accountable. Details below.
The ministry explained that it noticed that some shops put up billboards explicitly and clearly stating that they would not accept paper or coins, in order to prevent the spread of the virus.
The ministry added, in a circular to the Council of Saudi Chambers, that the previously issued directives restricting the acceptance of payments via electronic means only and not accepting paper and coins on the pretext of combating “Coronavirus”; It no longer exists.
They showed that the Saudi Arabian monetary system gave currencies legal and innate power and granted them the status of legal circulation to pay off debts and obligations, and that comes to respect the national currency as one of the manifestations of state sovereignty and to strengthen confidence in it.
For its part, the Council of Chambers instructed all shops, institutions, companies, and markets to accept paper and coin currencies and not reject them, while taking care to deal with them in accordance with precautionary measures.
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.