Saudi Arabia is in discussions to host the World Cup in 2030
An ambitious combined bid by Saudi Arabia and the sports ministers of Egypt and Greece to host the 2030 FIFA World Cup finals is now being discussed.
The 2030 World Cup may be hosted by Saudi Arabia
“The three countries are working flat out” and “the application to organize the tournament is being studied,” according to Mohammed Fawzi, spokesman for the Egyptian Sports Ministry
According to Fawzi, Egypt has successfully held a number of world championships in the last three years, making it a strong candidate to host football’s elite competition.
The three nations were in talks regarding a joint bid, according to a source from the Hellenic Football Federation of Greece in Athens.
The event would take place in the winter of 2030 if the bid is accepted in order to avoid the extreme summer heat, as with this year’s World Cup finals in Qatar in November and December.
At least two more joint bids will compete with this one. Early August saw the announcement of a proposal by Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay to host the 2030 World Cup, while Spain and Portugal jointly unveiled their ambition last year.
The combined South American candidacy wants to hold the 2030 final in Montevideo’s Centenario stadium, the same venue that held the inaugural final one hundred years ago. FIFA, the ruling body of world football, will choose the venue for the 2030 edition in 2024.
Hosting significant international athletic events is an important component of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 development goal, including European club football and boxing world title fights.
Source: Arab News
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring. If you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy a protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the humanitarian crises caused by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.