Saudi Arabia’s first electric vehicle brand is introduced by the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
The first Saudi electric vehicle brand, Ceer, was introduced on Thursday, 3rd November by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.
First Electric Vehicle Brand Of Saudi Arabia
According to Saudi Press Agency, Ceer will design, construct, and sell a variety of vehicles, including sedans and sports utility vehicles, for customers in Saudi Arabia, Middle East and North Africa. Ceer is the first Saudi automotive brand to create electric vehicles in the Kingdom.
Saudi Crown Prince said. “Saudi Arabia is not just building a new automotive brand, we are igniting a new industry and an ecosystem that attracts international and local investments, creates job opportunities for local talent, enables the private sector, and contributes to increasing Saudi Arabia’s GDP over the next decade, as part of PIF’s strategy to drive economic growth in line with Vision 2030,”
Ceer will attract over US$150 million in foreign direct investment and generate up to 30,000 local jobs as part of PIF’s strategy to diversify Saudi Arabia’s gross domestic product growth by investing in appealing industries.
According to SPA, Ceer is anticipated to directly contribute $8 billion to Saudi Arabia’s GDP by 2034.
BMW will license component technology to the company, a joint venture between PIF and Foxconn, for use in the creation of vehicles.
The electrical architecture of the vehicles will be developed by Foxconn, resulting in a line-up of goods that will set the bar for infotainment, connection, and autonomous driving technology.
The brand’s launch is in keeping with the Saudi Public Investment Fund’s policy, which focuses on maximizing local industries’ potential to support economic diversification. It will boost Saudi Arabia’s automobile manufacturing industry.
The business will also support Saudi initiatives to lessen carbon emissions and promote sustainability in order to combat the effects of climate change.
Each car will be evaluated in compliance with the most strict worldwide automotive quality control and safety regulations. 2025 is the anticipated release date for Ceer vehicles.
Source: Arab News
Source: Arab News
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring. If you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy a protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the humanitarian crises caused by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.