Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – German Cooperation with Saudi Arabia continues at a talk given by Prof. Udo Dahmen. Artistic and Executive Director of the University of Popular Music and Music Business Mannheim. At the residence of German Ambassador Joerg Ranau in the diplomatic quarter of Saudi Capital Riyadh.
Finally, the session was highly attended by the Ambassadors and diplomatic staff of various countries, the Saudi community, professionals, and media persons.
Ambassador Joerg Ranua
His excelency welcomed the distinguished guests and introduced Prof. Udo Dahmen as an Author of several publications. And CEO of Popakademie (the University of Popular Music’s And Music’s Business).
Prof. Udo Dahmen presented a model to strengthen the Saudi entertainment sector and shared the possibilities of Pop music’s university education in Germany.
The University of Popular Music And Music Business
The Popakademie Baden-Württemberg was established in 2003 and is based in Mannheim, Germany. It was the first institution of higher education in Germany to offer academic degree programs focusing on popular music’s and music’s business.
It offers three bachelor and two master degree programs. Furthermore, the Popakademie is a center of competence for all aspects of the music’s industry. With numerous projects in the areas of international cooperation and regional development.
The Popakademie Offers
- Firstly, Pop Music Design – Bachelor of Arts
- Secondly, World Music – Bachelor of Arts
- Thirdly, Popular Music – Master of Arts
- Music Business- Bachelor of Arts
- Lastly, Music & Creative Industries- Master of Arts
Firstly, Graduates of the Popakademie work as musicians, composing artists, songwriters, and producers. Secondly, as artist managers, label owners, publishers. Thirdly, (executive) staff members in all relevant functions of music’s business companies.
First of all, among the 150 lecturers of the Popakademie, there are outstanding artists and experts of the music business. Business and music students, as well as graduates of the Popakademie, took part in successful collaborations.
Such as, the German number one albums of Cro, Casper, Frida Gold, and Tim Bendzko. Popakademie related bands and artists like Abby, Canada, The Intersphere, Jewelz & Sparks, Virtual Riot, Get Well Soon. Audio Damn played international shows and festivals such as SXSW and Glastonbury.
In conclusion, Prof. Udo Dahmen concluded on the topic and the presentation on a high note of best available possibilities for the Saudi entertainment sector. The program ended on a sumptuous dinner reception for the guests.
Special Message by Prof. Udo Dahmen
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Thirdly, buy a protected face mask: Click Here.
- Fourthly, follow all the precautionary measures.
- Lastly, stay protected and stay safe.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.