The Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs revealed the updated municipal requirements for the activities of sewing shops and laundries that were approved on Wednesday. As part of the project to improve the business environment in the Kingdom.
Municipal and Rural Affairs new changes for Laundries and Sewing shops
Sewing shop activity
The Ministry explained that the list of requirements for the activity of sewing shops included allowing them to add 6 activities that include the following:
- Sale (Retail) of textiles and fabrics of all kinds (clothing).
- Retail sale of accessories and apparel accessories.
- Retail sale of sewing and knitting supplies (chloasma).
- Hand embroidery and jacquard.
- Providing drinks (coffee shops), with an area ranging between (8-20) square meters.
- In addition to the home service permit.
They indicated that if the workers are men and the clients are women, there should be an external reception area to receive the clients and provide at least one waiting chair.
And emphasized that the shop should be allowed to be within the buildings of commercial complexes, commercial centers, or mixed-use buildings licensed for commercial use. And to enable investors and female investors to expand activities within the urban scope of the city.
The spaces for the women’s workshops have been determined to be 24 square meters and a maximum of 200 square meters. And to allow cabinets with a glass front to display clothes that have been designed.
The ministry indicated that the list of laundries activities included improving the urban landscape of cities by placing external signs of specific sizes and that the entrance to the store was made of transparent glass. In addition to the presence of a passage or a slide for people with special needs.
It was indicated that the laundries were classified into 5 types to make it easier for investors and give them greater freedom in the details of interior decoration, without prejudice to the basic health requirements, as follows:
- The activity of laundries and furnishings.
- Patient laundries and hospital textiles activity.
- Central Laundries
- Shops for receiving and delivering clothes and furnishings
- Self-service laundries for clothes.
Municipal and Rural Affairs called on the existing licensed establishments to rectify their conditions to conform to the new regulations within one year from today’s date.
The Acting Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Majid Al-Hogail, has confirmed that the regulation aims to raise the quality of services and facilitate investors and improve the urban landscape.
Source: Akhbaar 24 and Image by Al Jabr Laundries
More from Riyadh Xpress
Non-Saudis will be allowed to enter from 15th September|Saudi Arabia
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.