Fragrant Past Festival
Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – Yesterday, Sunday evening, the Fragrant Past Festival opened in its third edition, in the Hittin district, north of Riyadh, with a number of visitors exceeding 5000, who flocked an hour and a half before the opening, and the opening included a motorbike rally and various popular shows.
The opening ceremony began with the Saudi Arda, in which the audience participated, followed by a show by the Wadi Al-Dawasir band.
Then, the Diriyah Girls Band participated in popular performances in their traditional dress, which represents what women wore in the past, amid the interaction of visitors who were from all segments of society, in addition to foreign tourists who were impressed by the folkloric performances they saw.
The general supervisor of the festival, Abdullah bin Salem Al-Qahtani, confirmed the readiness of the festival with all its pavilions. He said: “We have more than 120 stores displaying a variety of products that combine antiques, traditional products, and various exhibits. We also have the Al-Jouf area pavilion, the Saudi Al-Ardah pavilion, and the area of the classic car, and we have allocated an area for inventors, in addition to restaurants and cafes that serve all meals and drinks.
Al-Qahtani added, “This year, we were keen to attract some craftsmen and producers, whether families or individuals, and we also provided equipped seating areas, and took all measures including additional car garages, security, and organization for the convenience and safety of our valued visitors.”
It is worth noting that the Fragrant Past Festival lasts for a whole month, and is the largest entertainment and heritage festival of its kind in the city of Riyadh, and includes daily theater activities, such as competitions and show teams.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring. If you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Thirdly, follow all preventive measures.
- Lastly, buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.