Yousef Masrahi, the Saudi runner, secured Saudi Arabia’s inaugural gold medal at the 19th Asian Games in China by triumphing in the men’s 400m race with a remarkable time of 45.55 seconds. His victory was hard-fought against tough competitors, including Youssef Al-Abbas from Bahrain and Kantaro Sato from Japan.
Saudi runner Yousef Masrahi wins Gold in the 400m at Asian Games
With this gold medal, Masrahi not only achieved personal glory but also etched Saudi Arabia’s name back onto the winner’s podium after a nine-year hiatus since their last gold in Incheon 2014. This historic triumph unfolded in Hangzhou.
Amidst the anticipation for the official results, Masrahi, who narrowly outpaced his Japanese rival at the finish line, erupted in jubilation and sprinted towards the spectators’ stands as he was crowned the gold medalist.
Leaving the race track, Masrahi expressed his gratitude, saying, “I dedicate this remarkable achievement to all Saudis, and I am deeply thankful to Allah for this success. Special appreciation goes to my mother and Capt. Hamdan Al-Bishi.”
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the humanitarian crises caused by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures are implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.