Reducing Working Hours proposed during normal days and Ramadan. The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development revealed the proposed amendments to the new work system, including those related to the number of working hours, in addition to an amendment to Article 77.
Reducing Working Hours proposed during normal days and Ramadan
The amendments related to working hours stipulated that it is not permissible for a worker to actually work more than 40 hours per week, if the weekly standard is adopted. Instead of 48 hours in the current system, the actual working hours are reduced during the month of Ramadan for Muslims, so that they do not exceed 30 hours per week instead of 36 hours per week, and working women were granted the right to maternity leave with full pay for a period of 14 weeks, instead of ten weeks,
The ministry said on article 107 of the system that the employer consent of the worker shall be calculated for the worker leave days of compensatory paid rather than wage due to the worker overtime hours, to pay overtime pay in cash if the worker for any reason service is terminated before the use of compensatory time off.
The amendments stipulated that in the event that the contract does not include specific compensation in exchange for termination from the employer for an unlawful reason, the worker affected by the termination of the contract shall be entitled to compensation that includes a month’s wage for each year of the worker’s service, instead of fifteen days in the current system.
The amendments to Article 77 added a new paragraph stating that in the event that the contract did not include a specific compensation for its termination by the worker for an unlawful reason, the employer shall be entitled upon termination of the contract to compensation that includes a wage of 15 days for each year of the worker’s service if the contract is of an unlimited period. The wage for the remaining period of the contract if the contract is of a fixed term, and the compensation in all cases must not be less than the wage of the worker for a period of two months.
It is worth noting that the Ministry has put forward the amendments to the new work system for public consultation at the link.
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.