Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – The 16th extraordinary meeting of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) held at the OIC Secretariat, Jeddah on 15 Sep. The meeting called by the OIC Secretariat at the request of Saudi Arabia as Chair of the 14th Islamic Summit.
The agenda of the meeting was to discuss the announcement by the Israeli Prime Minister of his intention to annex territories. In the occupied West Bank in the event of winning Israeli Elections.
Mr. Shafqat Mehmood
Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training, Mr. Shafqat Mehmood led Pakistan delegation in the extraordinary meeting. Which chaired by Dr. Ibrahim bin Abdulaziz Al-Assaf, Saudi Foreign Minister.
In his statement, the Minister said that the unilateral announcement, in violation of the relevant UNSC resolutions and principles of international law. It is a dangerous trend and threat to international peace and security. Also, expressed that it will further complicate the already tense situation and destabilize the region.
Furthermore, he appealed to the OIC members, the United Nations, and the international community to revive their obligation. Towards the people of Palestine and Al Quds Al-Sharif. The UN and the OIC members should condemn such irresponsible announcements. That used as party slogans in the election campaign, which can jeopardize peace in the region.
Also, he drew attention to the unfolding sufferings of the Kashmiri people. In the past seven weeks at the hands of another occupying power. The people of Palestine and Kashmir have many things in common. They share a history of over seven decades of occupation. Their right to self-determination, protected under international law, continues to trample upon.
Both of them have subjected to collective punishment, state-sanctioned terror, and unspeakable suffering. Their struggle for legitimate rights has deliberately targeted as “terrorism” to divert the world’s attention from the repression of Israel and India. Their fundamental rights and freedoms have clamped down.
The people of Kashmir have locked into a giant prison since 5 August 2019.
- Firstly, with their telephones and communications cut-off, their children have abducted from their homes subjected to torture.
- Secondly, their political leaders arrested and imprisoned.
- Thirdly, their access to health services and life-saving drugs curtailed.
- Fourthly, Muslims prevented from offering Eid Al Adha and Juma prayers in large congregations in Srinagar and other parts of IoK.
- Indian claims of normalcy and easing of restrictions consistently challenged by the international media.
- Even governments that have robust political and economic relations with India have expressed serious concerns. Over the deteriorating situation in the occupied territory.
- Calls continue to mount on India to immediately remove the indefensible lockdown, lift the curfew and other restrictions. And respect the Kashmiris’ rights.
We are grateful to OIC and its member countries for their support at the Human Rights Council. Above all, we thanked the OIC Secretary-General and the Independent Human Right Commission for the consistent messages. The messages of solidarity and support for the Kashmiri people in all these days.
The people of Occupied Jammu & Kashmir have expectations and hopes from the OIC countries. Their struggle is just their rights, dignity, and lives must protected. We look forward to political and diplomatic support for the Kashmiri people. Therefore, we must find solution to the Kashmir dispute through UN Security Council resolutions.
In conclusion, Federal Minister reaffirmed Pakistan’s principled position that the establishment of a viable, independent and the contiguous State of Palestine.
Based on internationally agreed parameters, the pre-1967 borders, and with Al-Quds Al-Sharif as its capital. It is the only way to bring peace and stability to the Middle East.
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Thirdly, buy a protected face mask: Click Here.
- Fourthly, follow the precautionary measures.
- Lastly, Stay safe.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
[…] Next Article: Click Here […]
[…] this week in the extraordinary meeting of OIC Counsil where Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training, Mr. Shafqat Mehmood […]