Decrease in Cash Withdrawals and increase in the use of card of contactless payments, the latest update from the Saudi Central Bank. The report compares the data from the previous year which shows how people have changed the way they use to spend due to changes in our daily life. Cash is still in use but it is towards a decline and digital or card purchases are increasing.
Decrease in Cash Withdrawals and increase in the use of card of contactless payments
- Cash withdrawals from ATMs recorded during January 2021 a decrease of 17% to reach about 51.96 billion riyals, compared to January 2020 withdrawals, which amounted to 62.94 billion riyals.
- An increase in the value of sales through points of sale in Saudi Arabia during the month of January 2021 by 31%, bringing its total value to about 37.27 billion riyals, compared to 28.53 billion riyals during the same period in 2020. (Source: Ajel News)
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.