Controls and conditions related to travel permits for residents and citizens explained by Jawazat and official channels. The General Directorate of Passports clarified a number of controls and conditions related to the issuance of travel permits for their excluded groups during the suspension period of international flights during the emerging coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic, through the Absher platform for electronic services according to the following:
Controls and conditions related to travel permits for residents and citizens
Controls and conditions for the first category are: government employees – civilian and military – in charge of official missions include the following:
- First, the official was unable to perform the task remotely.
- Second: That the task is not linked to a date that can be postponed.
- Third: Participation should be in the narrowest scope.
The directorate indicated that the documents to be attached are:
- Submitting a letter from the first official in the agency.
- Determine the names of the taxpayers, the mission, its location, its duration, and evidence that the aforementioned conditions are fulfilled.
For the second category: People who have humanitarian cases, especially the following two cases:
1) Family reunification of a citizen or citizenship with their relatives residing outside the Kingdom.
2) The death of the husband or wife, one of the parents, or one of the sons or daughters outside the kingdom.
The controls and conditions include the following:
First: Concerning the family reunification with their relatives residing outside the Kingdom:
- Proving the kinship relationship (husband-wife – father-mother) of the resident outside the Kingdom.
- Proof of residency in the country to which the other party is requested to travel.
- It is impossible for one of the spouses, parents, sons, or daughters to come to the kingdom.
- Proof of the children’s study location outside the Kingdom, certified by the Ministry of Education or one of the Kingdom’s representations in the country to which you want to travel, in case there are children of school age.
Second: With regard to cases of death of the husband or wife, or one of the parents, or one of the children outside the Kingdom, they require:
- A- Presenting the death certificate.
- B – Proving the relationship of kinship.
As for the third category, namely: Citizens residing outside the Kingdom and their companions, who have proof of residency outside the Kingdom, the controls and conditions include:
The following documents must be submitted to prove residency abroad:
1- Proof of residency in the country to which you want to travel (document) owning a property. Or a valid lease contract prior to the issuance of these controls.
2- A valid residence card in the country to which the travel is requested (permanent or semi-permanent).
3- Providing evidence that the applicant was spending periods outside the Kingdom of not less than (6) months in a year in total during the previous three years.
The General Directorate of Passports confirmed that the service of sending applications is available through the “Absher – Individuals” platform for electronic services, and that the issuance of permits for these groups is done by the Ministry of Interior represented by the General Directorate of Passports in accordance with the aforementioned controls and conditions.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Non-Saudis will be allowed to enter from 15th September|Saudi Arabia
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.