Career Counseling Session
Sana Bashir, Al Khobar – Pakistan International School, Al-Khobar, held a Seminar on “Career Counseling” on Friday, 12th June 2020 for Parents of Students of the school who have just completed their HSSC studies at the school. A digital platform, Zoom, was used for this seminar.
The seminar was aimed at enhancing knowledge of the students about their education and career streams after Class XII.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the School, through its Academic Committee under Dr. Shafiq-ur-Rehman, who is also the Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors, organized this seminar. The administration of the school under Mr. Ajmal Jamail Mian, coordinated and assisted the effort for the organization of this useful seminar. As many as 150 to 200 parents and students attended the online seminar.
In his opening speech, Mr. Ajmal Jamil Mian, Principal presented a brief introduction of career planning and why it is important for the student and the nation at large.
Dr. Shafiq-ur-Rehman, in his keynote speech, gave general tips to the students on how they should smartly select a field of their career. They need to identify a field of their interest, look at the set of strengths they possess, seek more knowledge and information about that field, and then make a choice and act accordingly.
The three resource persons, Prof. Dr. Ahmad Barder, Prof. Dr. Khalid Almas and Prof. Dr. Farhan Butt are renowned professionals. They hold PhD degrees and have lots of experience in the field of medicine, dentistry and engineering respectively. They, on the invitation of the school Board and administration, had kindly spared some of their valuable time for this seminar.
Career Counseling Session
The learned resource persons gave one after the other comprehensive presentations guiding the students on all necessary steps for career planning in medical, dentistry, engineering, and other fields.
- Firstly, they exposed the students on various career tracks available after class XII. Other than in medical, dentistry, and engineering, they covered opportunities in science, arts and commerce as well.
- Secondly, they also guided the students about the requisite entry tests for admission in the professional colleges and how they should prepare themselves for these tests.
- Thirdly, they also enlightened the students about the competitive exams for top government jobs to run the civil services of Pakistan in the country and abroad.
- Lastly, they encouraged the students to opt for these elite services as well, prepare themselves for the competitive exams, and they guided them on what it takes to qualify these exams.
After each presentation, the parents and students were encouraged to ask questions. The resource persons answered the questions of the parents and students and broadened their knowledge base about career planning.
In his concluding remarks, Mr. Abdul Rehman, the Chairman, Board of Directors, said that this seminar will provide ample guidance to the students for planning their career and prospects of earning independently from highly competitive market. He hoped that this seminar will help students in subjugating the conventional challenges which restrain them from realizing their true potentials and abilities. He admired the efforts of the organizers (Dr. Shfafiq-ur-Rehman and Mr. Ajmal Jamil Mian) for successful conduct of this seminar. He expressed his gratitude to resource persons who contributed their valuable time in the community service. He desired to arrange more seminars for students to help them understand the future challenges in the National and International Job Market and enable them to make more informed choices for their career planning.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
- Facebook: Click Here
- Twitter: Click Here
- Instagram: Click Here
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.