60000 free Wifi Points to be installed for the public in Kingdom. The Communications and Information Technology Commission announced on Sunday (15th Nov 2020), the launch of an initiative to deploy additional free Wi-Fi hotspots in a number of public places in the Kingdom, in cooperation with telecommunications service providers in the Kingdom. Details below.
60,000 free Wifi Points to be installed for the public in Kingdom
The authority stated that it had started implementing this initiative in several stages, bringing additional free Wi-Fi points distributed in a number of public places in the Kingdom to 60,000 points, confirming its commitment to following up the companies ’activation of this initiative and facilitating the procedures for users to utilize it.
CITC indicated that maps would be provided showing the locations of all free “Wi-Fi” points in all areas, in a way that enables users to view them on the website or application.
They pointed out that the initiative includes providing free connection to the public Wi-Fi network for each service provider for a period of up to two hours per day for a large number of beneficiaries and visitors of a number of public places, including hospitals, the Two Holy Mosques, the holy sites, commercial complexes, and public parks in the cities of the Kingdom.
The Authority’s Governor, Dr. Muhammad Al-Tamimi, said that this initiative comes within the framework of the authority’s keenness to promote the deployment of communications and information technology services, in a way that reflects the progress of infrastructure in the Kingdom and contributes to achieving its strategic objectives to enable the Kingdom’s transformation into a digital society.
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.