Saudi Arabia has approved the plans to increase rainfall artificially. This will be possible to introduce a program for cloud-seeding. The decision approved during the cabinet meeting presented by the Ministry of Environment, water, and agriculture. More details below.
Official Statement on artificial rainfall to Al Arabiya
“Ayman Ghulam, vice president of the General Authority for Meteorology and Environment Protection, told Al Arabiya on Wednesday tests will be conducted in the Kingdom’s southwest region, and if the experiments are successful the process will be implemented all over the country.” (Al Arabiya, 2020)
To make or seed the clouds, a chemical agent which is usually silver iodide or salt crystals will be used. These iodide or crystals draws moisture and condense water vapors into droplets. World Meteorological Organization mentioned the process mentioned above.
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.