Saudi Arabia will have the fastest internet very soon. This is because of the recent 3rd ranking given to Saudi Arabia in rapidly fifth-generation (5G) networks. But third in the world and first in the Middle East, Europe and North Africa (MENA region). More details below:
Fastest Internet and 5G
Saudi Arabia is setting up more than 5,797 towers in 30 cities across the country. The project is part of Vision 2030 and digital transformation planning by the Kingdom.
“During the last Haj season, the ministry deployed, through 5G technology, applications that rely on this technology to serve Haj and Umrah pilgrims.” (Saudi Gazette, 2020)
The 5G technology will not only bring fast internet but it will increase the use of the Internet of Things (IoT). There will be the connectivity of apps like never before. It also means smart homes and cities in Saudi Arabia. It is also said that 5G will be 10 times better than 4G. 3D Animations, Augmented reality and other advanced technologies will be able to run on 5G smoothly which was never possible with 4G.
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.