Riyadh becomes the capital of Arab Women in 2020. This decision took place at the 39th session of the Arab Women Committee. The announcement came forward after the session and under the slogan “Women are a homeland and an ambition,” SPA reported. (Arab News, 2020). More details below.
More details on Arab Women 2020 Announcement
The decision of declaring Riyadh as the capital of Arab women 2020 is because of the recent efforts in the Kingdom. The Secretary-general of Family Affairs Council Dr. Hala bint Mazyad Al-Tuwaijri also appreciated Kingdom’s support. The support to female entrepreneurs and recent developments of women in the workplace has helped to make this decision.
The committee also works with international organizations. During the session, the team also discussed on progression and next steps. This shows a great step towards gender equality in the workplace and Arab Women in the workplace as part of os Vision 2030.
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.