Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – Luisa Javier, PhD Mexican student in Engineering and Environmental Sciences at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), was recognized by the Government of Mexico with the Distinguished Mexicans Abroad Award.
The award is given annually to Mexicans with outstanding careers in various fields of knowledge, for contributing to their community and strengthening the image of Mexico abroad.
Luisa Javier is Co-founder and General Director of “Wayakit”, a hygiene biotechnology company that developed a technology capable of eliminating viruses and bacteria in seconds.
The company name comes from the Mayan word ‘Wayak’ which means ‘a vision beyond dreams’ and its products have been used to disinfect the most important airports in Saudi Arabia from COVID19.
During the ceremony, Ambassador of Mexico, Anibal Gómez Toledo, stated that “Luisa’s research and innovation activities have led her to achieve her own vision of going beyond her dreams and gender, thereby contributing to the battle against COVID19 worldwide.”
In her acceptance speech, Luisa Javier said it was an honor to receive this recognition and explained that Wayakit’s success is based on teamwork. She thanked Co-founder, Sandra Medina, and stated that since she arrived in the Kingdom 11 years ago, she has been motivated by the Saudi women she has met −from athletes, scientists, entrepreneurs, and mothers− who have achieved a vision beyond their dreams and their gender.
- KAUST | King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
More from Riyadh Xpress
Pakistani Executives Forum celebrated its success and achievements on its 1st Anniversary
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Thirdly, wear a face mask all the time if you are in a gathering or outside.
- Most Importantly, buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.