Saudi Arabia has suspended Itikaf in Makkah and Madinah for Ramadan 2020. The news has been published on official channels and Al Arabiya News. Since ages, the two holy mosques use to have hundreds of visitors for Itikaf.
Itikaf suspended in Makkah and Madinah for Ramadan
Itikaf or Etikaf or E’tikaf is a practice in the Islamic faith. It consists of a period of retreat in a mosque, for a certain number of days in accordance with the believer’s own wish. The number of days is 10 days usually.
Thes step is taken to prevent any spread of Coronavirus. Also, the visitors from outside Saudi Arabia can’t visit due to travel suspension. The locals will also not be allowed to sit i’tikaf in the Holy Mosques.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.