International Women’s Day
KN Wasif, Riyadh – Wives of Heads of Mission (WHOM) Association, Riyadh organized a colorful celebration on March 9th at the auditorium of the Embassy of India to mark International Women’s Day.
While welcoming the guests, Mrs. Farha Sayeed, President of WHOM and wife of the Ambassador of India, said “Gender equality is an issue of both human dignity and respect and greater global prosperity. Sustainable development goals are not achievable if half of the world’s population remains excluded.”
She lauded the Saudi leadership for strong political resolve to empower women, raise the level of their economic participation, and build on their capacities and knowledge.
She said, “it is reassuring to see that Saudi women are now appointed as Deputy Ministers, Members of Shoura Councils, Ambassadors, and Cultural Attaches.”
An interactive panel discussion on the theme of this year’s International Women’s Day is ‘Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow’ moderated by Ms. Tania Mehanna, wife of the Italian Ambassador to the Kingdom was held with participation from the three Guests of Honour — Her Highness Reema AlRuwaysan, CEO of Molhimah Group and Ms. Muneera Al Dossary, Head of Asset Management & CIO at HSBC.
A colorful cultural program comprising of a Costume Show and song & dance performances was held. The Costume show showcased costumes from India, Japan, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Phillippines, Vietnam, and Sri Lanka. Song and dance performances by artists from France, India, Sri Lanka, and Guinea enthralled the audience.
An International Art Exhibition also held in which artists from various nationalities participated. An International Bazaar and display of international cuisines was the added attraction.
The event was attended by a large number of Saudis, diplomats, and members of the international community in Riyadh.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Lastly, buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.