Ibero-American Film Festival – Launching Event
Riyadh – Ambassador of Mexico, Aníbal Gomez-Toledo, Ambassador of Argentina, Marcelo Gilardoni, Ambassador of Spain, Álvaro Iranzo and Ambassador of Uruguay, Nelson Yemil Chabén, launched today the first-ever “Ibero-American Film Festival” in Saudi Arabia, in association with Mexican exhibitor “Cinépolis Gulf” and Al Hokair Group.
Ibero-American Film Festival – Saudi Arabia
The festival, which will take place from September 28 until October 2, 2021, in the Cinepolis theatres in Jeddah and Dammam, aims at highlighting ‘gender equality’ by showcasing films directed by women or about women empowerment in the four Ibero-American countries and in Saudi Arabia, who will participate as Special Guest.
In his welcoming remarks, Ambassador of Mexico, Aníbal Gomez-Toledo, noted that gender equality is a “highly relevant topic of our national agendas” and explained that Mexico is one of the few countries in the world that has adopted a ‘Feminist Foreign Policy’.
He added that “the main goal of this event is to bring our cultures and our societies closer together” and noted it is the first time a Mexican exhibitor participates in an event like this in Saudi Arabia, in part, thanks to the Kingdom Vision 2030 reforms.
Mr. Alejandro Aguilera, CEO of Cinépolis Gulf, and Mr. Majed Al-Hokair, Chairman of Directors of Al-Hokair Group, joined the joyous occasion and shared that Cinepolis, the largest cinema exhibitor in Latin America and fourth-largest in the world, is currently operating two theatres in the Kingdom (Jeddah and Dammam), and will opening 200 more screens in the country in the next three years.
The event concluded with the projection of the movie “Corazón de Mezquite” (Mezquite’s Heart), directed and produced by Mexican filmmaker Ana Laura Calderón, who presented the film and explained the importance of “telling the stories of our indigenous cultures in commercial cinema”.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring. If you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Thirdly, follow all preventive measures.
- Lastly, buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.