Locusts swarm attack is spreading across Saudi Arabia very quickly. Areas like Al Hail, Qassim, and eastern province have already seen the spread. More details below.
More Details on Locusts Attack
The locusts insects are coming to the Kingdom from nearby countries. Recent strong winds has helped the insects to travel faster and invade more countries.
Mohammad Al-Shammrani, director of combating locusts and plagues at the Ministry of Environment, Agriculture and Water, told Arab News that the swarms came from East Africa.Arab News, 2020
The insects already attacked Jazan, Asir, Al-Baha, Al-Leith, Qunfodah and Makkah. Special teams are combating with them to minimise disruption and loss to crops.
Swarms reportedly came from Eretria, Ethiopia, Somalia, Yemen, Oman and India. Special teams are using immediate methods to fight the swarm. Unfortunately, they multiply in rain, so if rain arrives in any countries mentioned. There will be need of backup and drastic measures to reduce disruption.
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.