Employers have been given the option to reduce staff salaries by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development. The decision has been issued under the contractual regulations relationship amendment. The purpose of these changes is to fight against the pandemic situation and keep the businesses running. Details below.
Employers have been given option to reduce staff salaries
The decision was taken and published on the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development official twitter page. The original copy of the document can be seen below. Employers have to agree with the employees before making any decision for reducing their salary and working hours.
- The Employee can also be granted local leave which can be considered as annual leave. The Annual leave is entitled as part of the contract.
- The employee reserves the right to terminate the contract. The contract is illegal if proved that the employer was wrongly claiming the benefits from the state for the employees.
- The Ajeer portal will be used to help employers for publishing the names of their excess workers. The portal is not live with the function but it is expected to go live soon. Here is the official news in case you want to read more.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.