Eid Moon Sighting called for all Muslims by the Supreme Court in Saudi Arabia. The Supreme Court has asked to sight the Shawwal month crescent on the evening of 29th Ramadan 1441 AH which is 22nd May 2020. The usual practice is to seek the moon of Shawwal on 29th Ramadan and if not visible, carry on sighting the next evening. There are only 29 or 30 days in this blessed month but it can vary every year. More details below.
Eid Moon Sighting called for all Muslims by Supreme Court
The news is published by the Saudi Press Agency on their official channels. And it is also been said that the Supreme Court asked anyone who sees the crescent to report the sighting to the nearest court or authority. Once the testimony is registered with the authorized court or authority in the region, it will be passed on to experts. If the moon is not sighted and confirmed by authorities, Eid Ul-Fitr will be on 24th May 2020, and Muslims will complete 30 Fasting days in the month of Ramadan. However, if the moon is sighted and confirmed on 22nd May’s evening, Muslims will celebrate the Eid on Saturday (23rd May 2020) and finish the month of Ramadan with 29 fasting days.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.