There is an update on people who are travelling without an Iqama. As per the violation drivers will be fined SAR 100,000 if the passenger doesn’t have Iqama. It is considered a crime to transport a person without Iqama. And without proper Identification, any taxi, car, private and the bus driver will be responsible. More details below.
Police in Saudi Arabia has the right to stop and check your identification documents. If the person is holding an expired iqama. Drivers will still be dealing with the legality of the issue and the possibility of SAR 100,000. But there are still some conditions on the instances which can be seen below.
Penalties Conditions for transporting passenger without Iqama
- First-time offenders transporting the illegal person. Fine SAR 15,000 and one month of prison time.
- Second-time offenders transporting the illegal person. Fine SAR 30,000 and one month of prison time.
- And Third-time offenders transporting the illegal person. Fine SAR 100,000 and one month of prison time.
- But if the main driver is an expatriate, they will be deported.
- Police will also take the vehicle due to violation.
So this means, drivers will need to check the iqama of their passengers. But in case they don’t want to share their identification. It is better not to carry them and be safe.