The Riyadh Green Project launched with 48 major and 3,250 residential parks. But this is not the only purpose of the project. The Riyadh Green Project will also have several other initiatives to improve air quality and the environment. More Details below.
Riyadh Green Project
The new initiative’s first phase is launched which includes the planting of 31,000 trees around 144 km of roads in Riyadh. These roads will include King Salman Road, King Khaled Road, King Fahd Road, Airport Road, Makkah Road, Northern Ring Road and the Eastern Ring Road. Custodian of Two Holy Mosques King Salman announced this project as part of four other major projects last year.
100,000 shrubs will also be part of the green project to make the capital greener. The project will increase green space from 1.7 sq.meters to 29 sq.meters and total green space increase to 9% in Riyadh. The project will also help towards Saudi Arabia’s vision 2030.
The project includes planting 7.5 million trees across the capital in gardens and parks, mosques, schools, academic, healthcare and public facilities in addition to King Khaled International Airport and most roads, streets, car parking spaces and valleys.Saudi Gazette, 2020
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.