Shahzeen Eram, Riyadh – As part of India’s 71st Republic Day celebrations, Osmania University Alumni Association celebrated Republic Day away from home in a unique style.
Osmania University Alumni Association – Riyadh (OUAAR), an NRI organization of Telangana expatriates living in Saudi Arabia, conducted a massive blood donation camp to mark India’s 71st Republic Day celebrations here.
The blood donation camp was organized in coordination with King Fahad Medical City (KFMC), Riyadh.
Dr. Fahad Al Ghofaili, CEO of King Fahad Medical Complex who visited the camp, appreciated the efforts of the organizers and encouraged the value of ‘Service above Self’ for the benefit of the society.
The event evoked positive support from among the NRI community who came out in large numbers to serve the noble cause.
Mohammed Mubin, President of OUAAR expressed his gratitude and thanked the donors who represented members from the Indian community as well as various other nationalities, for their overwhelming support. He said, “It is a heartfelt occasion for us today.” He also shared that “Although we wanted to conduct this special event on January 26, due to logistical reasons, we have conducted it earlier today.”
Senior Indian diplomats from the Indian Embassy Desh Bandu Bhati, Counsellor (Community welfare) and Pradeep Kumar, Second Secretary also joined the list of donors. In fact, the presence of these diplomats prompted several community members to follow them.
“Despite chilly weather, enthusiastic blood donors made a beeline at KFMC to participate and join the social cause. It also deeply reflects the feeling of patriotism among our community members as they celebrate India’s National day while staying away from home”, said P. Venu Madhav, Vice President of Osmania Alumni, Riyadh.
Another senior Osmanian, Zaheer Baig said, “Blood Donation Camp cost you nothing, but it will save a life. We must extend full support to such initiatives to serve humanity.”
Prominent members from the Indian community who participated in the service included Shahbaz Farooqui, K.N.Wasif, Sultan Mazharuddin, Syed Ateeq, Mohammed Yaseen, Taqiuddin, Yadagiri Rao, Mohammed Kaleem, Mullapudi Rao, Kaleem Farooqui, Aslam Khan, Abdur Rahman, Prabhaker and other office bearers and members of Alumni.
The members will also join the Republic Day celebrations to be held on the Embassy premises on 26th January further. Over 100 donors participated in the blood donation drive.
- Mr. Desh Bandhu Bhati – Counsellor (Community Welfare) Embassy Of India.
- Mr.Pradeep Kumar, Second Secretary, Embassy of India.
- Dr.Fahad Al Ghofaili, CEO of KFMC, with Mohammed Mubin and Venu Madhav.
- Mr. Zaheer Baig with Muqtadir Amoudi and other community members.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s Twitter Account: Click Here. Also, Facebook Account: Click Here.
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, official news on car signal indication law: Click Here.
- Secondly, a driver crashed into shops: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, death of a three-year-old boy in Makkah: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.