Earthquake reported in Indonesia 5.9 magnitude near the island of Sulawesi. The earthquake was with a depth of 10 km. Further information is summarised below.
Earthquake reported in Indonesia 5.9 magnitude
On Saturday, the German Research Center for Geosciences reported that a seismic event with a magnitude of 5.9 occurred on the Minahassa Peninsula, situated on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi. According to GFZ, the earthquake took place at a depth of 10 kilometers (approximately 6.21 miles) beneath the Earth’s surface.
As of now, there have been no immediate reports of casualties or damage resulting from Saturday’s earthquake. Indonesia’s geophysics agency has stated that this shallow earthquake is not expected to trigger a tsunami. It’s worth noting that a devastating tsunami occurred in the same area in 2018, following a 7.5 magnitude earthquake, causing extensive damage and loss of life.
Indonesia is located in a region known as the “Pacific Ring of Fire,” characterized by significant seismic activity due to its position atop multiple tectonic plates.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the humanitarian crises caused by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures are implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.