MBS Vision 2030 T20 Cricket Championship 2019/20
- Sponsored by Saudi Cricket Centre (SCC).
- Organized by Riyadh Cricket League.
Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – A historic start to the first-ever MBS Vision 2030 T20 Cricket Championship. The competition played across all the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Supported by the Ministry of Labor and Social Development (MSLD) and Saudi Sports for All Federations (SFA).
The Grand Finale matches played for all the divisions of Riyadh Cricket League (RCL) which included Super Division, Premiere Green, Premiere Blue & Premiere Yellow Group. The finale followed by the Grand Presentation ceremony.
- In Super Division Arkan Sports triumphed over Samacom as Abdul Waheed was the top scorer with 163 runs.
- Premiere Green, Lahore Badshah Green succeeded over Run Riderz CC by 3 wickets as Farman declared Man of the match for his outstanding all-round performance (67 runs & 2 wickets).
- In Premiere Blue, Malakand Green prevailed over Royal Tigers CC by 65 runs as Irfan Ullah was the pick of the bowlers with 4 crucial wickets.
- Premiere Yellow, Asian XI won against Hyderabad Boyz CC by 7 wickets as Shahwan grabbed 3 wickets.
Mr. Syed Idris and Mr. Rizwan Azmat Hosted the Presentation Ceremony and initiated with the recitation of the Quran by Mr. Qaiser Shah. The ceremony begun with the Saudi National Anthem and patriotism showed great dignity and honor.
The guests and other dignitaries were present on this special occasion including the Deputy patron in chief Mr. Jawad Salman Al Khalifa and CEO of RCL Mr. Salman Jawad Al Khalifa along with RCL President Mr. Hanif Babar, Mr. Karim Khan (President Advisory Council), RCL COO Mr. Mohammed Rayees, RCL Senior Vice President Mr. Asif Butt, RCL Vice President Mr. Irfan Siddiqui, RCL General Secretary Mr. Syed Idris, RCL Umpiring Coordinator Mr. Tariq Butt & RCL Teams Coordinator Mr. Malik Akbar were present along with the RCL Sub Committee members.
- The Special guests were from Jolly Chic, Mr. MIN (GM) & Ms. Naomi (Project Manager).
- Along with Socio-Literary person Waqar Naseem Wamiq of Riyadh Xpress.
- The RCL Committee members also felicitated with the Shields for their outstanding contribution to RCL.
- The media person Ilyas Rahim from Kashmir News awarded with the special shield for his Commitment and dedication towards RCL.
- Finally, the deputy Patron in chief Mr. Jawad Salman Al Khalifa and Saudi Cricket Centre Mr. Nadeem Nadwi (CEO, SCC) felicitated by RCL President Mr. Hanif Babar.
The Best batsman, best bowler, All-rounder as well as Man of the tournament for all divisions were awarded trophies respectively.
The Runner Up teams were awarded trophies for their outstanding participation and fierce competition and lastly, the Winners were celebrated for achieving the success and becoming Champions of respective divisions. Overall this tournament was a huge success, the first-ever of its kind.
Ceremony & Sponsors
The guests appreciated the efforts of RCL for organizing such a magnificent event and also cherished the promotion and development of cricket in the Riyadh region. RCL President Hanif Babar thanked the RCL Executive Committee members for their endless determinations. And also thanked all the teams for participating.
The sponsor AR Sports was also appreciated and acknowledged for sponsoring the Sports Sunglasses for the players. RCL also thanked SCC for the enormous support and guidance for supporting cricket in the kingdom. And acknowledge the support and vision of the Saudi Cricket Centre and thank them for their outstanding contributions to the development of the game of cricket.
In the end Cricket won along with many hearts and meanwhile the main objective that is betterment and development of cricket has been successfully conquered.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s Twitter Account: Click Here. Also, Facebook Account: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
I want to join a Cricket club in Riyadh. Please help me to join. I love cricket. I am a all rounder….
Please help me