King Salman Park
Firstly, it will be the largest city park in the world, covering an area of 13.4 km 2, four times the area of Central Park in New York. Secondly, it is one of the 4 wellbeing projects, Riyadh.
- A 13.4 km2 park on King Salman Air Base (old Riyadh airport).
- One of the world’s largest urban parks.
- Centrally located in the heart of the city.
- Above all, connected to 6 major roadways: King Abdulaziz Road/Al Urubah Road/Abi Bakr As Siddiq Road/King Abdullah Road/Makkah Al Mukarramah Road/Eastern Ring Road.
- Green areas and open spaces extending over 9.3 million m2.
- Various gardens totaling 400,000 m2.
- A 7.2 km circular walking trail.
- An 800,000 m2 valley area.
- Water and aquatic elements covering 300,000 m2.
Royal Arts Complex:
- Covering an area of more than 400,000 m2, it is comprised of:
- The National Theater with a 2,500 seat capacity.
- 5 closed theaters of various sizes.
- Open-air theater for 8,000 spectators.
- 3-screen cinema.
- 4 arts academies
- An educational center to develop young talent.
- 7 museums: aviation, astrology and space, plants, science museum, architecture, and virtual reality.
- In addition, Monuments and iconic works of arts.
- The Royal Golf Green with an area of 850,000 m2.
- A sports complex with an area of 50,000 m2.
- Virtual reality playroom.
- Parachute and hot air balloons center.
- Equestrian center.
- Running and biking trail.
- A 100,000 m2 recreation and playground area.
- A 140,000 m2 aquatic park area.
- Family recreation center.
- Observation deck.
- An 80,000 m2 knowledge, cultural and environmental center.
- Interactive park exhibitions, multipurpose halls, meeting rooms, as well as tree and plant nurseries, open spaces and areas, food and beverage kiosks.
Residential, Office, Commercial and Hospitality Facilities:
- Residential building complexes with a total area of 1.6 million m2 and 12,000 housing units.
- 16 hotels covering a total area of 194,000 m2, offering 2,300 beds.
- Commercial areas covering more than 500,000 m2 dedicated to restaurants, cafés, and retail shops.
- Finally, Office buildings with a total area of 600,000 m2.
General Facilities and Services:
- Mosques, security, health, educational and social centers, public libraries, parking garages with a total area of 280,000 m2, main and local roads and footpaths.
Public Transportation Services:
- Firstly, the park is connected to five stations in Riyadh Metro.
- Secondly, it is connected to 10 BRT stops on the Riyadh Bus line network.
- Thirdly, Smart vehicles, as well as electric cars and bikes, are used within the park.
- Project design and study is being finalized.
- Project implementation expected to start in the second half of 2019.
- The Project completion expected for 2024