Traffic and Driving Violations are very strict in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Many people are not aware that there is a penalty on the expired driving license to the drivers. The Traffic department emphasizes keeping the Driving License up-to-date in order to avoid any penalties. Here are more details on the penalty and renewal process.
Penalty for Expired Driving License
First of all, let’s talk about how much is the penalty. The Penalty for expired driving license starts from SAR 300 and it can be up to SAR 500. It depends on the time you have not renewed your license. But keep in mind it is still considered as Traffic Violations. Repeated similar mistakes can cause loss of your driving license and ban from driving.
Online Renewal Process
Driving License renewal has been made easy over time. This is because of the e-services introduced on Absher. But you must meet some requirements before renewing your license. This includes making sure that you don’t have any outstanding fines or violations. It also includes a medical test from an approved hospital (Cost around SAR 100). You will also require to have a bank card by which you can pay the fee. Below are the simple steps by which you can renew your license from Absher. Please note before starting this process you will be required to pay the renewal fee from your online bank account (Sadad).
- You can use Absher Website or Mobile app to log in to your account.
- Select Individual Service and log in.
- Navigate to Traffic and Click on Renew Driving License.
- Follow the Wizard and read the screen carefully.
- Select the number of years you want to renew your license. (SAR 80 for 2 years, SAR 200 for 5 years and SAR 400 for ten years renewal)
- Check the details and click on confirm. You will see a confirmation message or success or rejection.