Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – In order to celebrate the 74th Independence Day of Pakistan, the Embassy of Pakistan in Riyadh organized a simple and graceful flag-hoisting ceremony. Due to the COVID19 and local health restrictions, the participation of the event was limited to officers and officials of the Mission, with the exception of a few media personnel.
The ceremony started with the recitation of the Holy Quran.
After the flag hoisting ceremony, the messages of President and Prime Minister of Pakistan were read out to the audience.
Ambassador of Pakistan
Speaking on the occasion, the Ambassador of Pakistan, congratulated fellow Pakistanis and said that this day allowed us to reaffirm our commitment to the ideals of our founding fathers, especially Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Dr. Allama Mohammad Iqbal. He appreciated the fact that, since its inception, the leadership of Pakistan had continued to move forward progressively and it was due to this fact that today, Pakistan was a progressive Islamic state with a functional parliament, an independent judiciary, free media, vibrant civil society, and resilient economy.
The Ambassador, while thanking Saudi Arabia and its leadership for standing beside Pakistan during testing times, noted that today bilateral relations between the two brotherly countries were at their peak. He appreciated the warmth and hospitality extended by Saudi Arabia to nearly 2.6 million Pakistanis residing in the Kingdom, and Saudi government’s free medical treatment to all expatriates irrespective of their nationalities during covid -19 pandemic. The Ambassador also highlighted that Saudi Vision 2030 has provided opportunities to the investors and professionals in both countries for enhancing cooperation in diverse fields.
On the occasion, the Ambassador made a special mention of Kashmiri people and their struggle for right to self-determination against illegal Indian occupation. He reiterated Pakistan’s political, diplomatic and moral support to the Kashmir cause.
At the end of the ceremony, the participants were served with traditional Pakistani breakfast.
In addition, more from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh?. Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring. If you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Lastly, buy a protected mask online: Click Here.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.