Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – 500 Stranded Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia fly back to Pakistan by PIA special flights.
500 Stranded Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia fly to Pakistan by PIA special flights
The Embassy of Pakistan in Riyadh coordinated the return of 250 stranded Pakistanis by PIA Special flight on 1st May 2020. This was the first repatriation flight from Riyadh which carried the Pakistanis since the suspension of flight operations in the Kingdom on 15th March 2020. The flight left Riyadh for Islamabad at 1 a.m local time.
Ambassador Raja Ali Ejaz, along with officials of the Embassy saw off passengers at King Khalid International Airport Riyadh. While speaking to the passengers before departure. The Ambassador underscored that the Government of Pakistan is taking all possible measures for the welfare, safety, and early return of Pakistanis all across the world, including the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He thanked the passengers for their patience and cooperation during these difficult times.
Another PIA Special Flight PK 8710 carrying 250 stranded Pakistanis departed from Jeddah for Lahore at 0230 hours on Friday 1 May, 2020. Pakistan’s Consul General at Jeddah Khalid Majid and Deputy Consul General Shaiq Ahmed Bhutto were present at the airport to see them off.
Over 13000 Pakistanis, mostly on short term visas and Final Exits. They are currently stuck in Saudi Arabia due to the cancellation of international flights in the wake of the outbreak of Coronavirus. The Government of Pakistan is arranging special flights for their return to Pakistan.
The returning Pakistanis thanked the Prime Minister, the Foreign Minister and Special Advisor to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis for arranging repatriation flights to their homeland. They also expressed their satisfaction over the smooth operation of ticket selling. As well as the efforts of the Embassy for the welfare and well-being of the community members in the wake of Covid-19.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.