40 Billion Riyal Annual Food waste and causes mentioned in the study A study conducted by the National Program for Reducing Loss and Waste of the General Organization for Grains revealed that the proportion of food waste in the Kingdom annually is 33%, at a cost of 40 billion riyals.
40 Billion Riyal Annual Food waste and causes mentioned in the study
The director of the program, Zaid Al-Shabanat, told Al-Akhbariya today (Saturday) that the waste numbers were studied on the ground in the field.
He pointed out that the most prominent causes of waste are the exaggeration in extravagance, and the social customs and traditions that result in showing off on occasions, whether in homes or wedding halls.
He pointed out that rice constitutes 34% of food wasted, and then bread by 31%, stressing their intention to put in place regulations and legislation to put an end to waste.
Source: Akhbaar 24
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles