Saudi Arabia R Number or Current Rate of Transmission has been updated by the Ministry of Health. The R Number is the rate of transmission in the area. The rate of transmission is directly linked to lockdown, curfew, the spread of the virus, and gives an estimation on when Coronavirus will end. So what is the current condition in Saudi Arabia and globally?
An R of 10 means this virus would transmit from 1 person to 10 people and during its incubation period which usually between 1-2 weeks these 10 would see 100 people and infect them, who would in turn infect 1000Ministry of Health, 2020
Saudi Arabia R Number or Current Rate of Transmission – Coronavirus
The Ministry of Health released a video where the spokesperson of the ministry explains the current condition and what Kingdom did to reach here.
It was estimated to be around 4 at first, then got decreased to reach a value of 2-3 and with a number of actions which eventually helped the government to push the R number toward 1.Ministry Of Health Awareness Website, 2020
The global rate of transmission of R number is reported between 2.5 – 3.5. This means 1 affected person will spread the virus to 2.5 or 3.5 people and so on. The lockdown and curfew have helped the Kingdom to bring the R down and continuous measures will keep this number further down. Countries, where R is close to 0, means the rate is not widely present in the society or safer regions.
However, we are not done yet. This is all upto us to further bring this rate down with the help and advice of Health Ministry. Together, we can fight this virus.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.