Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – An art exhibition titled “Future Perfect” by IFA (Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations) & German Embassy was formally inaugurated by the Ambassador of Federal Republic of Germany H. E. Dieter Lamlé at L’ART PUR Gallery in Riyadh.
Future Perfect shows the key positions of a younger generation of German and other artists living in Germany. The Contemporary Art from Germany provides a space for reflecting on the promise of the future by gathering together films, photographs, sculptures, objects, paintings, and collages by sixteen artists whose work addresses concepts of the future and speculations about the impending course of history.
The title of the exhibition refers to a grammatical tense that allows future events to be formulated as
having already occurred – something will have been. From this perspective, the exhibition asks: If the future can be perceived as something already past, how can we still envision and speculate about what is to come and free ourselves of accustomed thought patterns? How do artists position themselves on this theme through their use of material, form, narrative, and the imaginary? How do they reconsider the past?.
The exhibition has been curated by Angelika Stepken and Philipp Ziegler. The Participating artists are Nairy Baghramian, DAS INSTITUT (Kerstin Brätsch & Adele Röder), Mariana Castillo Deball, Cyprien Gaillard, Dani Gal, Annette Kelm, Jutta Koether, Armin Linke, Antje Majewski, Henrik Olesen, Yorgos Sapountzis, Nora Schultz, Nasan Tur, Danh Vo and Clemens von Wedemeyer.
Future Perfect will be shown in a tour of several years in international museums and currently on exhibit at L’ART PUR Gallery in Riyadh until 3rd March 2022.
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do. We have made a list of things to do here.
- Lastly, Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.