Beware of this Latest Online Advertisement scam in Saudi Arabia. The official spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce, Abdul Rahman Al-Hussein, warned of false and misleading electronic advertisements or online ads that used the image of His Excellency the Minister of Commerce, Dr. Majid bin Abdullah Al-Qasabi. The advertisement is promoting investments under various fake titles, including: “Message from the Crown Prince”, “Investment opportunities for Saudis only” and “Opportunity for citizens”. More details below.
Beware of this Latest Online Advertisement scam in Saudi Arabia
Hussein stated that marketing or publishing these advertisements is a crime punishable by the system for the fraud, deception, and misleading it involves. And is used to collect funds for unknown entities outside the law.
And that these ads are an explicit violation of the e-commerce system in which the penalties stipulated a fine of up to one million riyals, blocking the violating site, stopping the practice of the activity, and defaming the violator at his expense
A spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce indicated that tracking work completed with the competent authorities. This will help to track the source of these announcements and take the necessary measures regarding them.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.