General Authority of Civil Aviation advised Airlines to pay indemnities to passengers for not abiding customer rights. GACA has also asked passengers to review the rules and regulations on customer rights. This will help in increasing the standards of travel. More Details below.
Indemnities to Passengers
GACA has also urged the passengers to read the Customer Protection Regulations, these can be accessed from their official website here. The airlines will pay compensation to its passengers which is around 65 million Saudi Riyals. This is due to the fact that many airlines have violated the terms and conditions signed for their customers.
These cases worth 65 million Saudi Riyal includes baggage loss, damage or delay. Flight cancellation is also part of compensations. The official statement and call centre number is below.
GACA calls upon the general public to view the Executive Regulations protecting the rights of customers on its website (www.gaca.gov.sa). Passengers who wish to file complaints against any air carrier can also contact the call center on the following number (800-119-8888) which operates around the clock.GACA Official Website, 2020
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.