VAT Rate impact on the purchase before and after 1st July 2020 detailed guide has been released by the General Authority of Zakat and Tax (GAZT). Saudi Arabia recently announced that from 1st July 2020, 5% VAT will be increased to 15% but to remove any confusion on contracts and purchases, a guide has been published. More details and guide below.
VAT Rate impact on the purchase before and after 1st July 2020
The interactive guide by GAZT explains the purchases in detail. It also explains the offices, business, and contractual impact of the change. However, the most important part to focus on here is the transition period.
|Effective date of VAT rate increase to 15%||1 July 2020|
|Decree issuance date (Effective date of transitional measures)||11 May 2020|
|End date of transitional measures||30 June 2021|
|Continuous supplies||Supplies that|
before 1 July 2020,
executed on or
after 1 July 2020
So hopefully, the above guide will further clarify and empower the customers with the knowledge they were looking for. Read this carefully and report any issues to GAZT or competent authorities if you face any issues.
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.