Oxford Vaccine showed positive immunity response against Covid-19. The Team at University is on the frontline in preparation of coronavirus vaccines. The latest update mentioned by the leading scientist said that human trials have shown positive immunity response against the virus. More details below
Although the vaccine is showing positive response in human trials. The vaccine is not ready yet, the phase 2 is completed and it will now move to phase 3. The current volunteers are in good health, aged between 18 and 55.
Speaking at a parliamentary hearing, Sarah Gilbert, professor of vaccinology at the university, said the trial has enrolled 8,000 volunteers for the Phase III of its trial into the vaccine, AZD1222, which was licensed to AstraZeneca.Al Arabiya, 2020
She said she couldn’t give a timeline for when the vaccine might be ready as it depends on the results of the trial.
In addition to the above, the United Kingdom has invested a huge amount of money to find a cure against the COVID-19.
Matt Hancock told MPs in the Commons: “If it does (work) it is likely to be one of the first available in the world, then we have an agreement to make sure that 100 million doses are available for the UK, the first 30 million of which will be right at the start for the most vulnerable.Telegraph, 2020
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.