Traffic violations cause many accidents in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. These accidents even come with the cost of people losing their lives. We have seen a lot of accidents in the past where people were also fined massively. We thought to remind every on these traffic violations so people will be safer on the road. And avoid paying a huge sum of money for not being aware. Here are Latest Updates on Traffic Violations in Saudi Arabia.
The violations are categorised in 4 types which we will mention below. But we will mention some common and few serious violations which has been seen every day. Here are some of the common and severe traffic violations.
- Leaving the vehicle with the engine running is a violation and charged SAR 100-150.
- Not having insurance can also cost you SAR 100 – 150.
- Changing lanes without the signal indicators is a new violation. This can cost you SAR 150-300
- Reversing for more than suggested 20m on main roads violation is SAR 150-300.
- Seatbelt, not in possession of traffic licence, maintenance, issues, excessive use of horn and insufficient distance between two vehicles also considered violations. So these violations can cost the violator SAR 150-300 depending on the violation.
- Littering the road or throwing garbage outside the vehicle is violation for SAR 300 – 500.
- Not using a proper child seat will cost SAR 500-900.
- Expired Licence is a violation in any country but it costs SAR500-900 in KSA.
- Other fines which cost SAR 500-900 includes not stopping at traffic signals on time, following emergency vehicles using siren and stickers/slogans on vehicles. Tinting the vehicles more than suggested is also part of the offence.
Severe Traffic Violations in Saudi Arabia with huge fines
- SAR 1,000 to 2,000 fine for the drivers for not having a proper registration plate. But this also include damaged registration plates.
- Carrying excess number of passengers – SAR 1,000 – 2,000.
- 1,000 – 2000 SAR not using proper lights while driving.
- Breaking Traffic Signal at Red is a serious crime and it can cost SAR 3,000-6,000. Overtaking school buses during disembarkment is also 3,000-6000 violation.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road is SAR 5,000-10,000 fine. Driving wrong number plate and hiding the number of plates is also serious crime and fine is SAR 5,000 – 10,000.
- The most substantial fines and punishments are for people where the other party gets injured. For example, the person hospitalised for 15 days because of the accident is a fine for fault party of SAR 100,000 and two years in jail.
- Accident due to which the other person loses a life. Punishment of SAR 200,000 and four years of jail.