Saudi Arabia extends Travel Restrictions and postponed the 31st March Plan. On Friday, the Saudi Ministry of Interior announced the amendment of the date for lifting the travel suspension for citizens and the full opening of land, sea, and airports, to start on May 17 instead of March 31.
Saudi Arabia extends Travel Restrictions and postponed the 31st March Plan
An official source in the Saudi Ministry of Interior stated that it is in addition to the statement issued on 5/24/1442 AH, corresponding to 8/1/2021 AD, regarding the announcement of the date for lifting restrictions on citizens leaving Saudi Arabia and allowing the opening of ports.
And based on what the Minister of Health indicated that the Covid-19 vaccine manufacturers were late in delivering the contracted payments at the specified times.
And given the importance of reaching high community immunity rates in the Kingdom, before travel is permitted in light of the second wave of the pandemic in many countries, in the interest of public health in the Kingdom and to maintain low infection rates.
The Saudi Ministry of Interior would like to announce the amendment of the date of lifting the travel suspension for citizens and the opening of the land, sea, and airports completely to be starting at 1 a.m. on Monday 5/10/1442 AH, corresponding to 17/05/2021 AD, instead of 8/18/1442 AH, Corresponding to 31/3/2021 AD, with the Ministry of Health continuing to follow developments related to the subject.
Earlier, before the above news came out, the below was the plan to lift travel restrictions.
This comes as Saudi Health announced, on Friday, that it had recorded 267 new cases of Coronavirus, two deaths, and 253 recoveries, bringing the total number of recovered cases to 359,006 cases.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Pakistani Executives Forum celebrated its success and achievements on its 1st Anniversary
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.